AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB
Rigid waterproofing mortar
AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB is a rigid, cement based mortar for waterproofing of concrete and masonry.
- High adhesion and performance for long-term surface repair and waterproofing against positive and negative hydrostatic pressures.
- Fast setting properties for minimal downtime and rapid completion of the application.
- Fast, easy and cost effective application in high layer thickness of 10mm by manual application or spraying.
- CE certified according to EN 1504-3.
Field of Application
AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB is suitable for:
- Surface repair and waterproofing of concrete and masonry in high layer thickness of 10mm, internal as well as external, below and above the ground water table, with or without positive or negative water pressure.
- Surface repair and waterproofing of concrete and masonry in horizontal and vertical applications, such as: water reservoirs, tunnels, basements, pools, etc.
- CE certified according to EN 1504-3.
(*)Typical values in production control. All tests were executed under a conditioned temperature of 21°C and 65% RH.
(**)Consumption needs to be estimated by the designer, since it depends on the surface roughness and porosity.
1. Preparation of Substrate
- Substrate preparation has to be according EN 1504-10 part 7.
- The substrate has to be free from dirt, grease, laitance, loose concrete, loose particles or layers which could adversely affect adhesion.
- Remove all damaged concrete and prepare substrate by sand or grid blasting, high pressure water jetting, or other methods until base concrete is exposed, offering sufficient roughness (bond) and open pores.
- The substrate must be pre-wetted with clean water until saturated. The substrate should be damp, but without free standing water.
- The substrate must be frost-free and have a cohesion of minimum 1.5 N/mm².
- Exposed or corroded reinforcement steel needs to be treated with OMNITEK® CPC.
- Damaged areas need to be repaired with a suitable OMNITEK® or BETEC® cement based repair mortar.
- When ascending salts or efflorescence is identified on the substrate, a pre-treatment with AQUATEK® Sulfablock and/or AQUATEK® Saltstop needs to be done. An analysis of the type of salt is required for the selection of the pre-treatment.
- A cement based bond bridge should be applied before application, using OMNITEK® CPC or AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB (mixture of 4,5L water / 25kg powder) brushed on the substrate and allowed to cure for minimum 1 hour depending on ambient temperature.
- The product has to be mixed using a suitable forced action mixer (400-600rpm). The mixing head must be completely immersed in the powder.
- Add 4/5 of the required quantity of water into the mixer and mix for 3 minutes. Let the mix rest for 5 minutes, then add the remaining quantity of water. The water content can be varied to obtain the desired consistency. Never use more than the maximum water quantity. Mix for an additional 1 minute until a lump-free, homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- The mixing time depends on the type of mixer. 4 minutes is the minimum.
- Once the mortar is ready mixed, apply immediately. Do not prepare more material than can be used within the open time of the material.
- The material is applied in 1 layer of 10mm thickness by using a trowel. Alternatively suitable spray equipment can be used.
- The material surface can be finished when the material has sufficiently set, minimum after 1 hour depending on ambient temperature.
- Do not apply the material if the ambient temperature is below 5°C or expected to fall below 5°C within 24 hours.
- After treatment has to be according EN 13610 in combination with DIN EN 1045-3.
- In warm or windy conditions protect the applied material from dehydration by mist-spraying with clean water or protective tarpaulins until the initial set has taken place.
- In cold conditions cover with insulated tarpaulin, polystyrene or other insulating material. Protect surfaces against frost and rain until final set has taken place.
- In cold, humid or unventilated areas it can be necessary to allow for a longer curing period, or to introduce forced air movement to avoid condensation. Never use dehumidifiers during the curing period or within 28 days after application.
5. Cleaning and maintenance
- Mixing and application equipment should be cleaned immediately with clean water. Hardened material needs to be removed mechanically.
6. Special remarks
- Gypsum based plasters or water vapour impermeable coatings cannot be applied on AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB when constant negative hydrostatic pressure is present.
- Negative water pressure must be removed during application to obtain a good adhesion of the material.
- As result of limited wear-resistance AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB allows restricted pedestrian traffic on horizontal surfaces. In case of refilling soil, the surface needs to be suitably protected against mechanical damage.
- Condensation may occur after application of AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB in poorly ventilated and damp areas. Increasing the ventilation and/or plastering with a lightweight cement plaster can alleviate this.
- Cementitious materials can lead to incompatibilities under certain conditions in combination with non-ferrous metals (such as aluminium, copper, zinc).
- Low temperatures delay the setting of the material. High temperatures accelerate the curing and decrease the open time of the material.
- If AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB is used in potable water tanks or fish tanks, the surface should be repeatedly washed with clean water before use.
- AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB is not suitable for prolonged contact with hydrocarbons such as petrol, fuel oil, etc.
Health & Safety
AQUATEK® Impercem 10HB is a product based on cement and can therefore cause burns to skin and eyes, which should be protected during use. Wear gloves and protective eye shields. Wearing a dust mask is advised. Treat splashes to eyes and skin immediately with clean water. Consult a doctor when irritation continues. If accidentally ingested, drink water and consult a doctor. Users must comply with all risk and safety phrases. MSDS’s can be obtained from GCP Applied Technologies or from our website. GISCODE ZP1.
gcpat.hk | For technical information: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
Betec® is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2017 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
GCP (Hong Kong) Ltd., 6 On Chuen Street, On Lok Tsuen Ind Area, Fanling, Hong Kong
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Hong Kong. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.hk. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-01-28