An ultra low viscosity, two-component epoxy injection resin for structural injections in concrete, and can be used in a dry or wet environment
Pre-weighted two-component epoxy resin, which cures into a rigid compound.
Field of Application
- Low pressure injection for the structural bonding of cracks and microcracks in dry or wet concrete.
- Bonding and anchoring.
- Sealing of porous low density concrete.
- Denepox™ 40 is not suited for applications in contact with moving water.
- Insensitive to humidity
- Cures in damp/wet environment
- Low viscosity: deep penetration in the cracks.
- Very good adhesion: exceeds the cohesion of the concrete
- Long pot life
- Cured Denepox 40 is resistant to acids, alkalis, oils, greases and petroleum derivatives (*)
(*) For chemical resistance please contact your local GCP representative.
|A-component||Epoxy resin, transparent|
|B-component||Polyamine hardener, light yellow|
Has to be estimated by the engineer or operator and depends on width and depth of the cracks and voids.
Technical Data / Properties
|Bonding Strength On Dry Concrete||Exceeds coherence of concrete||ISO 4624|
|Bonding Strength On Damp Concrete||Exceeds coherence of concrete||ISO 4624|
|Compressive Strength||Approx. 100N / mm2||NBN EM 196|
|Tensile Strength||> 50N / mm2|
|Bending Strength||> 60N / mm2||NBN EM 196|
|Elongation At Break||< 10%|
|Glass Transition Temperature||< 60°C||EN 12614|
|Density||1-1.1kg / dm3|
|Viscosity (Mixture) at 25 °C||Approx. 85||Test DNC|
|Pot life||Approx. 80 minutes (100 g at 25°C)||Test DNC|
|Minimum Application Temperature||Approx. 10°C|
Full chemical or mechanical resistances are only reached after a curing period of 7 days at 20ºC. Mechanical properties of epoxy resins decrease at temperatures higher than 50ºC.
To be ordered separately
- IP 1C-Manual hand pump.
- IP 1C-Compact electrical airless diaphragm pump.
- Packers and connectors.
(Please consult the relevant data sheet).
1. Surface preparation
- Surfaces to be repaired or sealed need to be clean and sound. The concrete surface must be free of dust, laitance, sealers, grease or any other contaminants that might influence bonding of the resin to the concrete.
2. Injection ports
- Entry ports for injecting should be approved devices spaced at appropriate intervals to accomplish full penetration of the resin into the cracks or voids.
- Drilling of cracks for packers needs to be executed in accordance with local regulations. After drilling the hole, insert packer.
Glued ports (plastic or metal)
- The injection ports should be fixed to the surface of the crack with Multitek Adhesive SDW.
- Apply a layer of Multitek Adhesive SDW, polyester paste or fast curing cement to the surface of the crack.
- Mix the pre-weighted quantities of resin (A-component) and hardener (B-component) with a low speed mixer (300rpm) until a homogeneous liquid is obtained. Never mix more material than the quantity that can be used up within 60 minutes
- The crack can be injected with a manual (single piston) pump or a mechanical (single or double piston) injection pump
- Initial hardening time: approx. 24h at 20°C
- Uncured material and equipment should be cleaned with Washing Agent Eco
Denepox 40 (3kg set)
A-component: metal pail
Net : 2.3kg (Gross: 2.47kg)
B-component: metal pail
Net : 0.7kg (Gross: 0.78kg)
5 pails of A-component and 10 pails of B-component
16 boxes of A-component and 8 boxes of B-component
Denepox 40 is sensitive to moisture and should be stored in original containers in a dry area. Storage temperature must be between 5°C and 50°C. Once the packaging has been opened, the useful life of the material is greatly reduced and it should be used as soon as possible.
Shelf life: 2 years.
Health and Safety
Denepox 40 A-component is classified as irritating. Denepox 40 B-component is classified as corrosive. Always wear protective clothing, gloves and protective goggles. For full information, consult the relevant Material Safety Data Sheet.
|De Neef Conchem nv/sa
Force transmitted filling of cracks
U (F1) W(3) (1/2) (10/40) (0)
|Adhesion By Tensile Bond Strength||≥ 2N / mm2|
|Adhesion By Slant Shear Strength||Monolithic failure|
|Glass Transition Temperature||> 40°C|
|Workability||Crack width from 0.3mm|
|Moisture State Of The Crack||Dry, damp and wet|
|Corrosion Behaviour||Deemed to have no corrosive effect|
|Dangerous Substances||Complies with 5.4|
gcpat.hk | Hong Kong customer service: 852 2675 7898
Australia 1800 855 525 email: email@example.com New Zealand +64 9 448 1146 China Mainland +86 21 3158 2888 Hong Kong +852 2675 7898 India +91 124 488 5900 Indonesia +62 21 893 4260 Japan +81 3 5226 0231 Korea +82 32 820 0800 Malaysia +60 3 9074 6133 Philippines +63 49 549 7373 Singapore +65 6265 3033 Thailand +66 2 709 4470 Vietnam +84 8 3710 6168
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
Denepox is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2017 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Printed materials intended for use in Hong Kong only.
Last Updated: 2018-11-30